Wednesday 20 August 2008

Batista eng_final

The lies were not in the Bible, but in the men

 

Antonio Carlos Batista do Nascimento

Bass player and lead vocalist of Antidemon

and Pastor of the Comunidade Zadoque

 

 

For many years I saw the Bible as lying facts, a book that had simply been written by men and that was based on fictions! But the more I read the Bible, the more I noticed that it really existed in each written word, something supernatural, they were not only words but they were something alive.

 

I then noticed that the mistakes and the lies were not in the Bible, but in the men, in the people that used the Bible for their own and selfish interests, men that took advantage of the human need of looking for someone to be superior for us to adore... and then used the Bible and the name of God to manipulate... to do faithful followers that would accept the deformed version of the Bible, followers that they then tried to steal money from by saying that they were acting on the behalf of God! These evil persons try to trick people to be followers of men and not of God!

 

For a great time I was confused, not knowing that to do, therefore whenever I tried to look for God I came across men that gave me a deformed picture of who God really is. But every time that I read the Bible I saw a totally different picture of who God is and I understood that He wants to be my close friend! That is when my direct contact with him began, without human help! I and He got a close relationship and that relation still lasts today. The experience of speaking with God and to be answered is something unprecedented. To feel his presence and know that he is with you turns us to great giants against any problem we face! After I discovered the True God that I read about in the Bible, my life was totally dedicated to God and the preaching of his Word. I felt the need to tell others about God, the way that he really is, without the men's and the Churches alterations. For these last 14 years, I have been dedicating myself to do this.

 

In 1994 God granted me a band of Metal and since then we have taken the name of God and the Bible to the stages, where nobody of the public expected to hear the Word of God! Amid hundreds of shows, I have opened the Bible and began to read and to speak what it is really written in it! Hundreds of people have received God as a result of this. People that would never enter a Church! Headbangers that formerly would not get to pronounce the name of God have now had a real encounter with the King of Kings!

 

The time went passing and we understood that we needed to begin a different kind of Church in Brazil. A Church where all could be the way that you felt well, in the way that they were dressed, with a look different from most of the ordinary Christians. A church where we instead of praising God in a rhythm that we didn't appreciate, we now were able to praise God with a lot of Heavy Metal! A church that in many ways was similar to the first Church soon after Jesus Christ's presence here on the earth.

 

It is not necessary to change your musical taste, or to change your extreme look, just because you are a Christian. It is just necessary to discover selfish and corrupt men that camouflage how wonderful God is. The true picture of God is in the Bible. Try to hear when God speaks to you through this book. Ask him to open up the Bible for you and your heart will be filled with joy when you realize that the Bible speaks to us today and that God wants to be your best friend.

 

May the true God bless you and help you to discover the valuable treasure that is called the Bible.

No comments: