Wednesday 20 August 2008

Karl Walfridsson

MY FAITH IS MY INSPIRATION

 

I have grown up in a Christian home and have always had a faith in God. But there comes a time when you have to test your faith and your opinions, a time when you choose YOUR faith. Ever since I began to seek deeper in faith it has gone hand in hand with music.

I remember sitting in my bed in my small tight boyroom with a gigantic family bible in front of me and read through book after book in the Old Testament accompanied by the thunder from Vengeance Rising/Released Upon The Earth. I went long walks for prayer and reflection with death metal hymns on my lips. ”I see what you’ve done. I’ll tell everyone, you are the Bishop of souls…”

 

CHRIST IS THE CENTER OF OUR MESSAGE

Christian faith and metal will always be intimately interlaced for me. Now I sing and write most of the lyrics in a band called Pantokrator. Christ is in center of our message. Not because we imagine that you can’t write different kinds of lyrics when you are a Christian, but simply because the faith and the Bible’s inexhaustible deep is the biggest inspiration sources for my creative work whether I write or paint.

It was through the faith and music that I had the grace to meet the big love, my beloved wife and through her received the fruit of our love, our two sons.

I believe in God Father almighty, the creator of heaven and earth, I also believe in Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son my Lord…”

I wish you all the peace of God

/ Karl Walfridsson (PANTOKRATOR)

No comments: