Wednesday 20 August 2008

Brian Welsh eng

HEAD TO CHRIST

 

When i was 10 years old I used to sit in my room and listen to Ozzy and dream about being a rock star. When I was 24 years old that exact dream started to come true. As the success poured in something deep inside of me poured out. The dream coming true didn't satisfy me. It seemed like the more records that I sold the unhappier I became. I hid my unhappiness extremely well. The only time that I had fun was when I was drunk or high on drugs but as we all know the party can't last forever. I covered up my depression for so many years that finally I couldn't find anything to cover it up with anymore. Everyone that really knew me could see how depressed I was.

 

 

I HATED CHURCH PEOPLE

A year ago I had 2 choices placed in front of me. I had to choose between life or death. I didn't want to go to church. I hated church people but I thought if there really was a God he must be in the church building so I went looking for him. The first time that I went to church I was up for 3 days but I didn't care because I was desperate. I felt like I was going insane but when I got to church and saw all the people with their eyes shut and their hands in the air shouting at nothing, I was like "these people are the crazy ones".

 

WAS GOD REAL?

But then I started to wonder...was God real? It tripped me out that all the people were acting like fools and didn't care what anyone thought. It was so backwards to me because I made my living worrying about what people thought of me so much and I always tried to impress the crowd at any cost. There were so many people worshipping God that I started to realize they must have some kind of proof that he is alive. Why else would they all be here? Then the pastor came out and he was talking as if God was alive and involved in his everyday life. He said that God wanted to be involved in everyone’s life. I thought to myself "how can that be? He says there's only one God and there are billions of people on earth. If there is a God, how can that one God have time to care about and be involved with billions of people's lives? Either these guys are totally insane or I've been blind my whole life to what's really going on."

 

THE DRUGS WASN’T SATISFYING ME ANYMORE

Anyway, I decided to accept Christ as my lord and saviour that day and I went home to learn for myself if God was real. When I got home I went into my closet and got high and started talking to God. I asked him to make me not want to get high or drunk anymore. It was like my body wanted to get high all the time but inside it wasn't satisfying me anymore. Within about a month I had no desire to take a pill, drink a beer, snort a line, etc. I got high a few times during that month but I kept talking to God telling him that I was getting better but I still needed that extra power to stop for good. I finally got that power and a lifetime of emptiness, addiction, and depression was gone in 30 days.

 

I TOOK A STEP TOWARDS GOD

God showed me that he is very real and alive. He didn't reveal himself to me until I took that step towards him. I couldn't see him until I cried out to him. It's been almost a year since all that happened. I have since been filled with the Holy Spirit and I am so close with God that I look forward to dying. But I have a lot of work to do here on earth first. I want to help the younger generation see God the way I see him. God is not anything like I thought he was.

 

 

THE BIBLE IS A BOOK OF PROMISES

The bible is not a book of rules. It's a book of promises and truth. Everything in that book is true. When you ask Christ into your heart, you don't have to obey him......you just want to. You see, if your life seems worthless and your hurting inside it means that God is calling you. Pain leads us into the arms of the living God. Everything in life has to do with entering and exiting. Make a choice today to exit pain and enter peace.

 

INVITE JESUS INTO YOUR LIFE

If you want to see for yourself once and for all if what I'm saying is true, all you have to do is invite Christ into your life. Just say Jesus Christ, please forgive me for my sins and be my lord and saviour. Send your Holy Spirit to come into my heart and change me from the inside out. Thank you. Amen.

 

KNOCK ON THE DOOR AND GOD WILL OPEN IT

Now it's up to you. Knock on the door and God will open it. Seek him and you will find him. Ask him for legitimate things and they will be given to you. Read the promises that are in his word the bible. Talk to him like you talk to someone you love. Get together and talk with people that believe in Christ. You will start to see the invisible and do the impossible. You will look at life in a hole new different way. Peace.

 

Brian Welsh (ex member of KORN)

No comments: