Wednesday 20 August 2008

Bjorn Stigsson eng

FROM DARKNESS TO LIGHT

 

I have always had a faith in God, I went to Sunday school and had friends that came from Christian homes when I grow up. My parents though were not Christians. But when I became  a teenager and started to play guitar with different bands most things changed, I started to party and also to smoke hasch because a guy came and said that it should lift up my guitarplay even more.

Unfortunately it didn’t take long before I tested it and there was a time of a lot of hasch.

But one night several years after I sat and drank some ”grogs” and suddenly it felt like a scary darkness came into the room. I was afraid and immediately folded my hands and prayed to God that he would come to my rescue.

All of sudden I felt that a light came into the room and I felt that Jesus was there, it was a wonderful feeling of peace and calmness and I became sober right away. I went and poured out all booze and throwed what I had and then had a wonderful time together with the Lord. From that moment I was free from both drugs and alcohol and most important I was ”saved”.

 

I FOUND MY WAY BACK HOME

The time after was like a dream where I finally had found my way back home. My wife was also saved at the same time so we decided to get baptized and give it all for God. At the baptizement the leaders of the church put their hands un us and blessed us. I got the message that I should serve God with music, which was extra powerful since we were baptized in another town and they didn’t knew what I was doing, this was in 1979. Then when we 1981 started up Leviticus, this was exactly what the Lord had laid down in my heart. Ever from the beginning I knew that we should play and sell albums all over the world.

 

THE STRENGTH OF GOD’S WORD

Ever from the start the Bible was of course the most important book for me. I believed in every word and really wanted to live after it. For me many Bible texts were so powerful that it was just natural to put music to them so people that had never read the Bible should get the opportunity to feel the strength of God’s Word. Many times God speaks to us through his word and when we take it to our heart and really plant it into the heart, then it will also be as he has said. It may come many feelings of doubt but if you stand firm then it will be as God has said. It will be as it says in Mark 4 when Jesus talks about the parable of the sowing. A lot of temptations came and tried to destroy what God had said, but in verse 20 it says that the word bore fruit 30, 60 and 100 times as much if you stand firm on it.

 

GOD NEVER FAILS

A biblequote that always has been powerful to me is Psalm 119:105 ”Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path”. This is a wonderful word because the darkness always tries to destroy and give me doubts but what God has said is always the light on my path through life and no one can extinguish it if I stand firm on God’s Word. Today it’s tough to live for everyone. We see that the devil goes around as a roaring lion and wants to completely destroy for all mankind, we become lawless, loveless, think only on ourselves, love to speak bad things about others even if we know the truth and so on.

But my friend, I hope that you will take the words of Jesus serious ”to love your neighbour as yourself” and most important let Jesus come into your heart and start to believe in his word, then you will discover a whole new dimension in your life. We know that life is not always fair - but God is good, He never fails anyone that put his faith and trust in Him.

 

Welcome into God’s congregation

God Bless You

Björn Stigsson (LEVITICUS)

No comments: