Wednesday 20 August 2008

Gabriela Sepulveda

 

I WAS SO TOUCHED BY GOD’S LOVE

Just as it happens to most people, my life had been quite an ordinary one, where God's things always fell into a second place. But one day my life changed. This happened during a musical performed at my neighbourhood's church. During the musical I was so touched by God’s love that I understood that He was a reality. In a matter of seconds, I could see the great lack of love my heart suffered, and that I could receive it from God, who in essence is love.

 

From the beginning, my relationship with Him was one of great friendship. The fact that I could have that special relationship with the One who had created the whole universe and everything that exists in it, moved me so much. Such a great God, creator of every single thing, and at the same time, so small that He can dwell in one's heart!!!

 

While this relationship went on growing and developing, God’s Word grew stronger within me. Every promise, every beatitude, began to be a part of me and I could experience that his Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. A perfect guide that with its wisdom, can help us take the right decisions.

 

It wasn't long after I became a Christian, that I started to do my bit for the Kingdom. God gave me a talent (my voice) and I cannot let it die, so from the beginning I started to polish it, and on every occasion that I could, I used it. By the end of 1990 my husband and I started the band Boanerges, a band that influenced and still goes on influencing the lives of many young people through the particular style of Heavy Metal.

 

I have no doubt that, if this is the first time you hold a Bible in your hands, you are thinking,  that the things that happened to this woman, will not happen to me. I think exactly the same.  Definitely, the same things will not happen to you because God is too creative to plan two

identical lives. He has gotten a unique life designed especially for every one of us. I have no doubts that He will surprise you as He surprised me. Just make up your mind to follow Him and you will feel Him as real as the air you are breathing at this very moment and keep you alive.

 

Before saying goodbye, I want to say something to you, the words I repeat concert after concert: don't give in! There's much more ahead and much more to win when we go hand in hand with Jesus Christ.

 

Gabriela Sepúlveda Boanerges

 

No comments: